Tooth Crusader is pleased to offer our patients Philips Zoom teeth whitening, which is available as an in-chair or take-home whitening treatment.
What Makes Zoom So Effective?
As we get older, our teeth discolour because of age, tobacco products and dark beverages. No amount of brushing and flossing can counteract this very normal part of everyday life that causes discolouration of your teeth.
Only professional grade whitening products can penetrate the tooth enamel, to get to the dentin, to break up the molecules that are causing the staining. I and the Tooth Crusader team endorse Philips Zoom products, because they produce effective results in a short space of time. So, which product is best suited to you?
In-Office Teeth Whitening With Zoom
If you need your teeth whitened in a hurry, or for a special event, Philips Zoom in-office whitening provides you with accelerated results. The high strength formulation can provide whitening results up to eight shades lighter, in as little as 45 minutes.
What can you expect from professional teeth whitening in the chair?
First I will inspect your mouth to ensure it is free of decay. Then you will have a professional cleaning, to remove any traces of plaque or tartar, and to ensure the best result possible.
- Next I will ensure that your gums and soft tissue are protected from contact with the bleaching gel.
- I will apply a layer of whitening gel to all surfaces of each of your teeth. A special UV lamp is used to activate the whitening gel and accelerate the process.
- Once the first application is done I will remove the bleach and repeat the process twice more, to give you a beautiful white smile.
- After the 3 sessions of 15 minutes each, I will apply a special post-treatment gel to protect your tooth enamel and help with sensitivity.
How Long Does Zoom Teeth Whitening Last?
The answer to this depends on what you expose your teeth to post-treatment. The longer you can avoid dark staining foods, such as curry, instant noodles, dark berries, beetroot and red wine, the whiter your teeth will be. Many of our patients include a teeth whitening treatment as part of their regular 6-monthly or yearly checkup.
Zoom Teeth Whitening At-Home
With Philips Zoom’s take-home whitening kits, your treatment is still supervised by your dentist.
The take-home option is ideal for patients who are not under time pressure. It’s ideal for people who want full control over the whitening process or who may not have the time to go to the dentist. Patients who need their teeth whitened by up to six shades may benefit from the Philips Zoom take-home treatment.
Many of our patients like to use a customised 3D printed whitening tray that fits the exact dimensions of your smile. The idea is for the tray to fit over the surfaces of your teeth but to avoid the areas of soft tissue in your mouth.
If you wear the at home tray with the Philips Zoom DayWhite or NiteWhite formulation, you will need to wear them for at least 30 minutes per day. I will advise you on the best method for you.
How do you whiten your teeth at home?
- Once you have brushed and flossed your teeth you will dispense a drop of whitening bleach into each of the spaces in your tray as shown.
- Then you will place the trays gently over your teeth, taking care to remove any gel that spills out.
- You will wear the trays as directed before removing them, cleaning them out with cold water and brushing your teeth to remove any traces of the whitening gel.
Although Philips Zoom products are world class and Australia’s number 1, please do not exceed the suggested wear time as this can cause additional sensitivity.